Saturday, April 16, 2005

Birthday Week!

Wow. What a week! I have much to tell. To begin, as many of you well know, it has been a very celebratory week, what with my birthday falling on Monday and the boyfriend's twenty-first birthday following on Wednesday. I had about four very successful birthday parties for myself alone. The festivities commenced with a trip to Auburn on Saturday. A delicious dinner accompanied with the viewing of the infamous Sin City. Unfortunately, I did manage to leave my leftovers in a friend's apartment. This is a tragic thing to a poor college student who doesn't like to cook and whose main source of food is bologna sandwiches. Sunday included being taken out to eat by the parents, as well as being cooked for by the boyfriend upon my arrival back in Birmingham. By the way, I have gained about ten pounds.


Here the boyfriend surprised me with a beautiful candle lit dinner of steak and potatoes. The foosball table and couch in the background also added to the romance of the night. Posted by Hello

He also tolerated the ultimate chick flick of all time, The Notebook. The Notebook should come with a warning label and that is all I have to say. I started crying in the middle of the movie and literally did not stop until the end. All in all, I probably cried for an hour. I don't think that I have cried for an hour about anything before. That's a dangerous movie.

The boyfriend also took me out to eat on Monday, my real birthday, as well. We went to a lovely little Italian restaurant called Lavoy's. It was so beautiful. It looked straight out of a movie, and I felt like a princess.

To show my appreciation for the boyfriend, I did some things for him as well.


There is no doubt where this party is! Posted by Hello


Happy Birthday to Matt!!! Posted by Hello

Look very closely at the balloons floating near the ceiling. A trip to the store to get those suckers cost me a fender bender. Hope you enjoy those balloons Matt.


No party would be complete without cake and presents! This is the kind of stuff that is going to get him beaten up by his friends. Posted by Hello

Unfortunately, with the cake from my family and the cake from the boyfriend, this results in the third cake consumed within a week.

I think the party went very well. But please don't tell his friends, lest he should be labeled with the undesirable term of being "whipped".

And while I am on the subject of his friends, a side note: I suppose I assumed that the boyfriend turning twenty-one would be an enjoyable experience, but strangely enough I haven't really seen much of him since Wednesday. Hmmm...

Tonight we conclude our celebratory week with a birthday dinner with the boyfriend's family. There will be much merry making as his family celebrates his transition from being their little boy to a young man.

I only hope they don't have cake.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a whole lotta partying goin' on! Ten pounds, for real?

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

No, not ten pounds for real. I don't think....

 
At 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh. Well, good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home