Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mmmm... Cookie Cake!

It is certainly very lovely to be back at school, I must say. Well, it's lovely besides all of the schoolwork. I have a new companion. He's a little blue beta fish named Ted. He is very hyperactive and loves to dart and swim at fast rates around his little vase. He is wonderful company when I am feeling lonely in my little dorm room. It's just good to have something alive sometimes. And even better to have someone who doesn't talk too much or leave dirty dishes!

After a week of feeling somewhat emotional, I must say that I do feel better. Being a girl is a very tough thing sometimes. I am absolutely convinced that some girls literally lose their minds for one week out of the month. Unfortunately, I am not an exception.

Yesterday I had a meeting with the advisor. Basically, I need to start deciding a direction at least. I have one week to do it. How can you decide your whole life in one week? I feel so much pressure!!! I felt really sorry for her, because I basically had a semi breakdown right there in her office. She looked as though she'd seen similar emotional outbursts before. Perhaps she was thinking, "Oh god, here it goes again. I have to sit through another one who doesn't have a clue." Sorry Ms. Advisor.

Now to the most important news: my birthday is in less than ONE WEEK. That gives everyone a chance to still go and get me presents. I like stuff that can go in my dorm room and anything that tells me how much of a princess I am. Remember: April 11th is the big day!

To finish the blog entry for the day, I will conclude with a sappy story:

Carrie and the boyfriend sit outside the HUC around 6:30 yesterday eating supper and waiting for Carrie's meeting to start at 7:00. Boyfriend is irritated about Anatomy. Carrie begins to chew on ice. Boyfriend gets irritated about Carrie chewing on ice. He has told her repeatedly several times before of his irritation. Carrie finds boyfriend's irritation amusing and begins to crunch louder. Boyfriend gets angry and knocks cup of ice over. Carrie shoots mean look and leaves boyfriend on sidewalk to go to her meeting. Boyfriend is waiting in Carrie's dorm upon dismissal of meeting. Carrie shoots second mean look of the day. Boyfriend pulls out cookie cake with the words, "I'm sorry sweetheart," on it and a card with a bunch of sweet and sappy things written on it. Carrie's ice cold heart melts. Both conclude the fight was somewhat silly.

Lesson of the day: Chew ice - get cookie cake.

6 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww. betta fishies. i have one myself!

cute story. it's too bad that when i chew on ice, i get chipped teeth and no cookie cake. i guess that's what happens when you're boyless?! haha. oh well! who needs 'em anyway? :)

 
At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like a cookie cake.

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

You are.

 
At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
-chelsea

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Happy Birthday, birthday girl!

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Chelsea and Kate!!! And to the first anonymous: yourself always comes first, regardless of whether or not you are boyless. But it looks like you are a smart girl and already have that figured out! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home