Thursday, February 03, 2005

On Attempting to Write Sappy Poetry

My thoughts are filled with explanations
As to why I am so dependent on you
You so in need yet somehow... never... there...
And I am left alone again with my thoughts
Constantly denying
My own need

The feelings that resurface again and again
I'd like to discard permanently
As if they could suddenly become tangible objects
That would slip through my trembling hands out of my sixth floor window
Slowly tumbling to their demise
So you can't affect me again


3 Comments:

At 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the part about tangible objects slipping from your fingers. That's a nice image.

But, really, Carrie--don't attempt to write sappy poetry.

You're better than that. :)

 
At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sappy poetry deserves a sixth-story send-off ... but you knew that, right?! Give us some good stuff to chew on.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Well, I knew it was bad, but really! What should I blame: temporary insanity? Also, if you are going to write such flattering comments, can I have a name please? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home