Monday, November 08, 2004

One Starry Night

Some nights, like tonight, when I look out of my sixth floor bedroom window and observe all of the glittering street lights and busy traffic, I think, "This is the most beautiful place in the world, and I am the luckiest girl." I am surrounded by life and energy. There are concerts to go to, clubs to dance in, restaurants to eat in... I never want to feel like I've taken for granted this opportunity that I've been so fortunate to have.

Then there are days like last Wednesday, when nothing, not even the majesty of this new city, can help save my mood. It started sprinkling Wednesday morning. Both of my umbrellas have already broken in previous rainstorms. I think, "sprinkling= not very wet." Wrong. I was dripping, soaking wet after walking the fifteen minutes to my first class. Then I stayed dripping, soaking wet for two more hours during class. So then, I return to my dorm, where I proceed to dry my jeans for seventy-five whole cents (which does equal about five dollars in grown people money since I am the typical college student and I am poor). After this, I attend my Chemistry class where I discover that thirty people have completely aced (yes, that equals 100%) a test that I found extremely difficult. Definite self-esteem booster. Then I sulk in my dorm room for a couple of hours, procrastinating on a paper that is due the next day. At 7:00, my boyfriend heads to a football game that I can't go to because I have to write a paper that I've been procrastinating on. Around 8:00, I begin on the paper only to discover that my printer doesn't work. So I spend the next two hours on the phone with my dad trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with my printer, which completely ends up being a lost cause. So, it is 10:00 and I have not written my paper, my printer doesn't work, and my boyfriend is already heading back from the football game that I could have gone to after all because my paper still isn't written. So I spend the whole night hand-writing the paper, grab a couple of hours sleep before I awake at 8:00 A.M. (yes-A.M.) to take a math test that I didn't study for because I was writing a paper.

But seriously, folks, not everything can be roses all of the time. One bad day compared to the life I'm living- I'll gladly deal. Also, it makes for an amusing story that everyone can laugh at.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Blogger Kate said...

At least you don't have a greasy head dirty poo-butt monkey.

Hope you get your printer fixed. I never could figure out how to hook up my new printer to my computer my last two years of college, so my junior year I had to go to the lab EVERY TIME I WANTED TO PRINT A PAPER. It was so annoying. Senior year, of course, I secretly moved in with Dominic and took advantage of all his stuff.

Shhhhh. Don't tell him. He still doesn't know.

 
At 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, this is Scotty H. I got the link off Denise's webpage and thought I should drop you a line and see what was up. College is fucking brilliant, isn't it?

Anyway. I dunno if I'll be back to this webpage, what with my attention span being so short, but give me a yell. My email's lessthantopman@hotmail.com

Have fun, learn, and do crazy shit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home