Saturday, January 22, 2005

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

To borrow an idea from a friend's weblog, the following is a list of things that make me smile:
  • sunsets
  • rainbows
  • sunny days
  • knowing that I have made those who love me proud
  • cheesecake
  • the goodness that is Matt
  • swimming
  • the hungry feeling that results from swimming
  • watermelon
  • curling my hair
  • hearing compliments
  • singing
  • knowing that there are people who love me enough to put up with my singing
  • talking to strangers on the elevator
  • dancing with Leighann in traffic jams
  • being taken care of by Mom when I am sick
  • receiving handwritten letters
  • the runner's high after exercise
  • looking out of my sixth floor window at downtown after dark
  • actually cooking for myself
  • being cooked for when I go home
  • manicures
  • kitty cats
  • puppy dogs
  • the zoo
  • flowers

These are just a few of my favorite things. Isn't life wonderful?


8 Comments:

At 6:32 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Dude--

Only one word can describe the great heaping steaming serving of cornballishness that is this post.

CornycornycornycorncorncorncornyboombasticBOOYA!

That said, I like rainbows and kitty cats and puppy dogs too.

 
At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raindrops on roses cornballish or not, I miss having my mother take care of me when I'm sick ... and dogs, most times, are a lot more lovable than people are almost 100% of the time, so don't be worryin' about nothin', Ms. Julie... And speaking of which, you should see, one day, if Salzburg might turn out to be one of your favorite things!

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Kate, you are the one who dedicated a whole entry to the things that you like about Dominic. You are also the one who fills your blog with countless pictures of the happily newlyweds. :) You are a cornball as well. Aren't we related?

 
At 6:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the cornballishness contest begin. Who will be coronated queen of the CornBall, Ms. Alabama or Ms. Texas? En garde, toothpickers and soothsayers!

 
At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like swimming. I also like six-shooters, boomerangs, monkeys, clam chowder, having my picture taken, New Comics Day, and sports cars. Totally.

-Scott

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Dude, we're totally SISTERS. You'll always be my favorite person to argue with, Cahwy.

 
At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love spitting watermelon seeds, too?!

And Bachelor Buttons, aka, CORNflowers!!!

 
At 6:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a list like that once when I was pissed off. It made me feel so much better. It's posted on my dorm room wall in case I ever need a pick me up. My favorite entries include hard water, word magnets, pretty bottles, talks with mom while sitting on the kitchen counter, and 80's or early 90's tv theme songs. Good stuff, good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home