Monday, November 15, 2004

Title?

Yes, Pizza and Asparagus is an odd title for a blog. Perhaps the time has finally come to enlighten you to its origin. I have worked at a special needs camp for two years. A particularly cute camper by the name of Linda is the inspiration for the name. She would always finish our phrases. We would say, "peanut butter and...", and she would shout "JELLY!" Another was "milk and..." with the response, "COOKIES." After several impressive rounds, we prompted her with "pizza and...", and sure enough the response rang loud and clear, "ASPARAGUS!"

I can see where that makes sense.

The game ended when she overheard us discussing a particularly feminine counselor, and could finish the prompt of "Zach is..." with an overwhelmingly strong, "GAY!" Hysterically funny- yes; my proudest moment- definitely not.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Linda was one of my favorite campers. A perpetually good natured 3 year old without the insane energy or tantrums. If camp had always been like that then maybe I wouldn't have cried over it a BILLION times.

Pizza and asparagus. Yum-my.

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah Kate, I remember a 6 foot def monster named Joy, who constantly threw tantrums and would only respond to the male counselors. She wasn't very joyful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home