Thursday, January 19, 2006

Some New Things

  1. I am in the process of training for the Mercedes Half Marathon in Feb. And yes, that is 13.1 miles. My crazy father talked me into it. To date, I have worked my way up to 9 miles at about an 8:45 minute per mile pace. I'm hoping to run it at about an 8:30 pace, but I'll be happy if I just finish it. So, kids, it's Feb 12 at like 7:00 in downtown B'ham. Be there.
  2. I am going to apply for a summer leadership programs for the Big Four CPA firms this summer. Each company will hold about a two to three day workshop where they look for interns for next summer.
  3. I will try to get an internship next summer with one of the Big Four. If I get it I will be making between 13 and 20 dollars an hour, maybe more than 20 in some cases.
  4. I am currently in the process of trying to get a job with Homevestors here in Birmingham. I will enter information into Quickbooks, answer phones, and basically anything else. I'm still waiting anxiously for other people to be interviewed. I should know later on this week or next week. I am very nervous. I don't like competition.
  5. I had a pretty horrible Christmas break because I had to work with icky people.
  6. My hair's getting long again.
  7. I am in love with spin class and my spin teacher Monica. She is amazing.
  8. My roommate and I are getting an apartment next year, because I can't even walk in my room and I am ready to be a grown up. It sounds fun.
  9. I bought a bunch of "professional looking clothes," because, if things go according to plan, I might actually need them one day.
  10. Professional looking clothes are very grown up and fun.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Congrats on getting the apartment and good luck good luck good luck on all your various ventures.

I've been running too, but I'm not a super awesome talented runner like you (also I don't have the dedication or drive) but still I RUN, like, sometimes.

P.S. I bought a prom dress last night! It's super awesome. I'll have to tell you all about it.

 
At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apartment, internship, marathon/2 - yessss and way to go (particularly at $20+/hr.)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home