Monday, October 03, 2005

Some Things You Just Can't Change

You know you are a band nerd when:

  • You make a special trip home from college for your high school football game, not to watch the team, but rather to watch the band.
  • The first thing you do is analyze the flag uniforms and decide that the skirt is too long and those heels are completely stupid, but overall the design and color are relatively nice.
  • You get completely excited when it is finally half-time.
  • You still go visit the band members beside the stadium during the third quarter after they are done with their show, even though you have been through with band going on two years now.
  • You get pretty nostalgic after the game when you think of all of the practices, bus rides, girlfriend/boyfriend/friend drama... the list goes on....
  • You spend a Saturday watching a band competition for fun.
  • You then spend the next Sunday talking about which bands were good and which ones just didn't quite cut it.


Band nerds everywhere: you know what I'm talking about. Don't even pretend to be ashamed.


BRHS band: you rock my socks off.

4 Comments:

At 5:38 PM , Blogger Audra said...

I'm totally going to do that in two weeks because my little brother is in band now, except I graduated more like SIX years ago and I won't know a single soul except my brother. But that's okay with me.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I can't believe it's almost been six years that you and Kate were in high school. I still remember riding the band bus with y'all to the stadium in middle school bc my parents were BAND BOOSTERS! hahah. I was so intimidated by you big high school students.

 
At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it brings back memories. ;)

 
At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

im a big band nerd.. i do the same things...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home