Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Thoughts That Occur When Your Roommate Keeps You Up Until 2:11 AM On A Monday Night Because She Is Entertaining a Male Friend in the Living Room

Okay, so I retract my statement about boys being "icky [turd] faces." Tonight, a very nice boy/friend took me out to eat after our test in Developmental Psychology. He is truly the one boy that I have been able to stay strictly friends with due to his ability to actually listen to me, as opposed to others who pause while looking me up and down to mumble "uh yeah" in answer to my questions . In the year since I have known him, he has not once made any advances physically, but has merely enjoyed my company. In fact, he so blatanly and obviously wants to remain strictly friends that I have, on occasion, gotten slightly upset that he is not attracted to me. Nevertheless, it is nice to have a boy enjoy me for my intellectual attributes and personality. Every girl should find someone to fill this role. Too often, girls mistake physical attraction for personality attraction. Girls want to feel as though they are captivating, not just beautiful. Oftentimes, if a girl has never found the person that makes her feel captivating, she settles for the one that makes her feel beautiful. But when you find a person that enjoys you for the person that you are, it makes an incredible difference in determining relationships that are healthy as opposed to those that are harmful. And even though he will always remain only my friend, he has given me incredible insight in the way that I should be viewed by the opposite sex and has set the standard for anyone that I may choose to enter into relationships with.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie,
Hey girl.. Your title made me laugh, I was ALSO up til 2 trying to study admist all the commotion. Maybe the tv in the living room isn't such a wonderful idea. hahaha! Hopefully it won't happen again~

Oh yeah.. I had soo much fun Thurs. night! Girls night out rocks!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home