Sunday, February 19, 2006

Valentine's and Other Related Items

My favorite day ever just happened: VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Of course this meant that I must go all out and buy pretty things like a nice table cloth and pretty candle holders. I even attempted to cook for real. I made chicken stir fry and it was good and I freaked out.



I guess this means that I am getting old, because I am very excited about things like cooking food that actually tastes good, and making tables look pretty. I also bought Zac a cookie cake and then I ate about 75% of it myself.



Then I made Zac pose by all of his Valentine stuff, because I am a girl and we make guys do that kind of stuff. He was very cooperative about the whole process and never got impatient with me when I asked him about 47 times in two minutes if he liked what I cooked.



In other news, I didn't get the Homevestors job, but I did go on another interview with Warren Averett, a CPA firm. I'm actually starting to feel more comfortable with interviews, but I will probably always hate them due to my innate fear of anything stranger related. My sister understands this best, as we both clam up, avert our eyes, and begin to stutter in any situation that involves talking to someone that we are not familiar with, whether it be people who work in stores, hairstylists, or hostesses in restaurants.

I actually did feel more prepared for this one however, and things were going well until the subject of my GPA came up. "The only thing that I am concerned about with you, Carrie, is that you have a 4.0." Yes, that is what she said. Apparently people who have 4.0's tend to have trouble with detail work and getting things done on time because they are such perfectionists that it takes them awhile to get started. Yeah, I was definately caught off guard and pretty much speechless. So yeah.

Classes are going well. I have had almost all of my first tests in each class, and it looks like another good semester. But right now, I'm not sure if that's even a good thing!

Also, I ran my first half marathon on Sunday, February 12 here in Birmingham. I ran it in a little under two hours, which is approximately a 9 minute mile. I finished 7th out of 38 people in my age group, and 196th out of 1084 women overall. So it wasn't too bad. It was also about 29 degrees outside. I had EIGHT friends come see me plus my mom, so I was quite shocked about that. Because seriosly, it was 7:00 in the morning and it was 29 DEGREES outside.

So I feel loved right now and happy about classes and unhappy about classes and still a little sore. But overall, things are good.

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you moved? The mail I sent to you came back as undeliverable.
Please e-mail me. Aunt C.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Audra said...

Carrie, just so you know, everytime I go to your blog and see that picture of the Valentine's food up there STILL I get really disappointed. Don't you know you have an audience??? :)

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Wow. I guess I didn't know that I still had an audience. Yes I have been lazy. I will have to do better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home