Sunday, May 28, 2006

School's out for summer!!!

Yes, I have completed my second year of college. The most important thing that I have learned this year is that college is a special time in a person's life that must be appreciated. Think about it: you are semi-independent, yet still financially supported, you only have to go to class a maximum of 3 hours a day, and you only get stressed out about once a month when exams happen. It's a magical time that should be cherished.

In other news, I am now working as a hostess at Brio Tuscan Grill, an Italian restaurant by Brookwood Mall. The most important thing I have learned from working as a hostess is to never complain about a table that the host takes me to. Hosts have rotations that they follow to ensure that every server gets an equal amount of tables. Come on people, it's just a table. The food tastes the same no matter where you sit.

I have officially learned how to broil now. Zac and I have been experimenting with the concept on steaks and pork chops seeing as we do not have a grill. We have also been experimenting with different types of seasoning and marinade as a result of watching the food network at least one to two hours a day. Oh my god, what happens to people when they grow up?

Speaking of growing up, my brother graduated high school two days ago. Crazy. I took a million pictures, which I'd like to post, especially for Kate. However, Zac decided he has the cooler computer so we are using his right now. And I can't make it do ANYTHING I want it to do. Big surprise. So whenever Zac figures it out, they will be posted. If not, I am coming in a few days anyway Kate!!!

Wooooooooo!

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Zac is a nice guy for a variety of reasons. Looking forward to seeing the graduation pics.

Had a good time in Hotlanta at the Aquarium and Ikea. Our overnight accommodations were in Buckhead, a chi-chi area where we could have had valet service to park the car when we went to dinner, but obviously declined as we are not the valet-using types.

Have a great trip to Omaha; I think you'll love the city.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home